Dot writes: we got tagged by Salty Miss Jill. I don’t think this has ever happened to us before so I am terribly excited. Now we have to post six facts about ourselves. Since I am doing the posting it is going to be a little skewed towards me, but I’ll try to bring in the rest of the family.
1. Dot has seen Iron Maiden in concert twice, though only because of the boyfriend she was with at the time. Still, she really enjoyed it. She has not seen U2 but Ken has. He wasn’t that impressed.
2. Ken has been kissed by a prime minister (David Lange, when he – Ken, that is – was a baby, and Lange wasn’t yet prime minister, but it still counts).
3. Dot and Ken met when Ken became Dot’s new housemate. Dot thought Ken seemed like a quiet sort of chap. How wrong she was.
4. When Ken and Dot lived in Cupar in Fife they used to go across the road to the Drookit Dug pub and have a beer and do sudoku, because that’s how exciting it gets in Cupar.
5. Dot’s first appearance on television was in Songs of Praise when she was fifteen; she also played Emily Bronte in a rather terrible History Channel documentary that had such a small budget they hired students instead of actors. Ken and Hugh have not been on television as far as Dot is aware.
6. Ken has lived in New Zealand, Botswana, Germany, the US, England, Scotland and now Ireland; his mother was born in Scotland and his parents met in Canada; his paternal great-grandfather emigrated to New Zealand from Denmark. Dot feels that Dublin is rather a long way from Norwich.
Right, that’s our six facts, and a second post for today so we have made up for our missed commitment to NaBloPoMo. We tag Ectomorph, Jeremy, Sunbug, Ian, Blogapotamus and Town Mouse (to the last it will come as a surprise, because I’ve never actually left a comment for her before and it’s a bit familiar, but I wanted to pick at least one person not in our blogroll).
1. Link to the person who tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Write six random things about yourself. 4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. 5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.