I think this is necessary as an antidote to the last post.
I am not fretting about
– microchips being implanted in our hands, unlike the campaigner who cornered me outside Trinity yesterday
– Hugh, who is being rather nice this week
– the new mahogany dining table. I had a big wobble but I’ve decided I like it after all.
– immigrants, partly because I am one
– young people today, except insofar as the older generation are busy making their futures as hard as possible
– whether rock is dead
– whether the novel is dead
– whether Elvis is dead (he is, but I accept this in tranquillity)
– all the free-form pencil-on-plaster artworks Frank has contributed to our walls
– the suspension of schemes for Metro North
– changes to the English language
Making this list is quite hard. I would be grateful for further suggestions for things not to fret about.