Dot writes: as tends to happen, our stay has zoomed by and today is our last day in NZ. Since I last posted we’ve spent some more time in Raglan with Ken’s Dad and then come back for the final week to Ken’s brother in Titirangi (which is a suburb of Auckland). We have resisted my tendency to programme a relentless round of outings and have spent a lot of time chatting with friends and relatives, but we have also done the following
– visits to various beaches
– Hamilton Zoo, quite early in the morning in a gap between showers of rain
– Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has dinosaurs (hoorah!)
– more swimming
– a couple of short bush-walks
– a day of shopping for me, while Ken and his brother took the boys to a homebrew shop.
I will post photographs and so on when we get back. In the meantime, wish us luck for the journey…